We may not have loved you first, but we will love you forever!
There are many reasons why senior dogs end up homeless at shelters. Sometimes owners are unable to afford medical care for their pets, or they are struggling to care for themselves and their canine companions. Here at Lionel’s Legacy, a Senior Dog Rescue, we aim to help aging beloved pets stay with their families through our Keeping Pets Home Program or join one of our amazing foster families where we commit to them for life!
Give them forever loving homes
And a second chance at life
Help Animals We Currently Foster
And share in love & happiness
Donate food & SUpplies
‘cuz every little bit helps
Find a friend for life
Interested in Adopting?
We have many dogs that would love to meet you! Click the button below to see all of our available pets!
Foster A Pet
If you can't adopt, you can foster
Lionel’s Legacy will continue to provide food, supplies, and medical for each senior dog while the furever foster families dedicate their lives to helping our senior sweethearts feel like a member of the family.
Are you interested in fostering a senior dog with Lionel’s Legacy? Click here to be taken to our Foster FAQ Page.
Foster Application Process
- Fill out the New Foster application form.
- Send us the completed application either by email
- Have a phone screening interview with the adoption coordinator.
- Have a home visit with one of our trained volunteers.
- Meet us and take your lucky foster friend home!
If you can't foster, you can make a donation
Help us reach our goal of helping homeless senior dogs!
- We’ve raised $5,079 so far. Thank you! 50% 50%
Types of Donations
- General Donations – towards the daily care and housing of our senior dogs
- Sponsor a Senior – to make a difference in the life of a homeless pet awaiting adoption
- Recurring Donations – provide ongoing support for animal rescue and rehabilitation
Donate to Our Wish List
- Dog Treats
- Dog Shampoo
- Pet Beds
- Leashes & Collars
- Water & Food Bowls